Building Inspections & Code Enforcement
The City of Summerville Building Inspection Department is responsible for the review, permitting, and inspection of all construction projects within the City of Summerville. The department also enforces regulations pertaining to nuisance abatement, zoning compliance, historic preservation; land disturbance permits, sediment and erosion control and floodplain management.
The following criteria are required for development in the City Of Summerville:
- 2006 International Building, Residential, Mechanical, Fuel Gas ,Plumbing, 2009 Energy Code and 2011 National Electrical Code.
- City codes, except for fire sprinkler requirements, mirror Georgia State Minimum Standard Codes listed on Georgia Department of Community Affairs Website
- Codes include Georgia DCA amendments made by the state and amendments supersede the codes.
- Seismic Design Category C
- Wind speed: 90 m.p.h. (3-second gust)
- Soil bearing capacity of 1500 psf (without soils investigation)
- Frost depth: " minimum 12”
- Ground snow load: 8 lbs per sq. ft.
120 Georgia Avenue
Summerville, GA 30747
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.